World Health Day, 07 April 2020
Support nurses and midwives
World Healthy Day; 07 April 2020 is a day to acknowledge and celebrate the amazing work of the nurses and midwives.
It is the International Day of the Nurse and Midwife. Nurses and health workers are currently at the forefront of the battle against COVID-19. They continue to provide a high level of care and treatment across the world.
Nurses and midwives play a key role in looking after and caring for people everywhere. Five key investment areas have been identified to boost their roles worldwide. They are:
1. Invest in more nurse-led and midwife-led services
2. Employ more specialist nurses
3. Make midwives and nurses the heart of primary health care, providing services and supervising community health workers
4. Support nurses and midwives in delivering health promotion and disease prevention.
5. Invest in the leadership skills of nurses and midwives.
For more information, visit www.who.int/